Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chloe Celebrates: Ginger Men


No, not the real ginger men cookies, but just as yummy. I felt terrible hearing about a movement called "Kick A Ginger Day" done as a joke. Well, I don't think you'd be kicking these men, or kicking them out of bed, ladies!

Let's start off with my personal favorite: Kevin McKidd!
He's Scots, just like my hubby. My hubby is my favorite Scots, though not a ginger one. He thankfully knows I am a bit tongue in cheek when I post these men, and knows where my heart lies. Right honey?

Kevin McKidd reporting for duty in Grey's Anatomy. He plays a former army medic hired by Seattle Grace.
Very personal duties with Sandra Oh in Grey's Anatomy
Wait Sandra, let me adjust your tank top here...(kissing noises)

Before there was Owen Hunt and Grey's Anatomy, Kevin burned up the screen on the HBO series Rome. Rome lasted only two seasons due to its astronomical production costs. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were these high cost sets, unfortunately! Like Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Rome also showed the best Rome had to offer: namely, togas, nudity, sex, orgies and violence. It also had a nice love story and a lot more thrown in. Great series, and great acting job by Kevin McKidd.
( you can read and see pics of Spartacus here: RWBB Blog


What's this link? it's to Gunpowder, Treason and Plot starring Kevin McKidd. About a young Mary, Queen of Scots, ascending to the throne of Scotland, Kevin is allowed to use his Scottish accent, and boy does he use it to full effect.
You really should watch this clip if you have time, when Kevin looks into Queen Mary's eyes and says: 
Aye wanchu nekkid an' in my bed  
in full Scottish brogue, it's worth the price of this movie alone. Watch it free here! I dare you not to faint!

And, here's a few more red heads to celebrate Ginger day.

Toby Stephens, actor, and son of the great actress Maggie Smith is distinctly ginger hued!

Remember Eric Stolz in Mask? Weren't you glad when he wasn't in his make up?

Thanks for celebrating with me, let's toast gingers everywhere, here's to a new special day, Kiss a Ginger!


4 comments:

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

I have always had a thing for Eric Stoltz, ever since Some Kind of Wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie Mask, I'd forgotten about it, but it was always one of my favorites. "He's got a cheeseburger with his name on it..." LOL

Have to say, Sam Elliot was part of the appeal. *G* But Eric without makeup is very nice.

Great post. Have a wonderful weekend!

Chloe Waits said...

Thanks, Jaime and Jenna. for commenting! I did love Some Kind of Wonderful, and also think Sam Elliot is sexy. That man has such a twinkle in his eye...and a great voice to boot!

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Sam Elliot is sexy... ginger men... lol... I was thinking of skin tone, not hair color. I shoulda known.

I love redheads, am one and luv writing my heroines and heroes as redheads, ginger men... or with some red in their hair, even subtle shades... just an obsession of mine.

Followers